Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to Select value from Dropdown When the Workflow is Published in gallery

sou
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have created a workflow where I am using a macro where from I can select the drop down and run the workflow based on the drop down value. The drop down tool is used within the macro . When I need to run the workflow then I can provide the drop down value from macro . When I am running the workflow from Designer then I am able to select the value from macro drop down but when I published the workflow in gallery I am not being able to select the drop down value from macro. In the gallery the drop down option is not showing. Can anyone please help me on this ? How can I select the drop down value from macro in gallery ?

I have attached the screenshot of the drop down.

8 REPLIES 8
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@sou you will need to take your dropdown tool from your macro and copy it into your workflow. Then you can use an action tool to pass the value from your workflow's drop down tool to your macro.  

sou
6 - Meteoroid

Many thanks patrick_digan. Yes I can select the value from gallery if I follow your steps. But when running from Designer , a new window will appear (just like the attached screenshot) where from I have to select input value and then run the workflow. After the workflow run or if the workflow throws any error then I can not check the log in the designer or even I can not check the input/output records for each of the tools . can you please let me know how can I check the log and input/output values for each tools ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@sou When you right click on the workflow, you should be able to then click on "edit" to bring up the workflow in designer like you were used to. 

sou
6 - Meteoroid

Yes I can open the workflow in Designer but if I run the workflow just as normal then no input value is selected . When i am running as Analytic App then from the new window i have to select the input value but I can not see the log or the input/output for each tools . How can I see the log and the input/output for each tools ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sou, I imagine you would just continue to run your workflow as normal on designer and change the macro input to be whatever you want. Just like you used to do. 

If you would rather run it as an app, I would still right click on the file and edit it and then use the magic wand in designer to run it as an app. That would allow you to see your browse tools and the log. If the browse tools or other files aren't showing up, you would go to view >> interface designer. The on success show results to users controls what is available to see:

patrick_digan_0-1589570910816.png

sou
6 - Meteoroid

@patrick_digan yes I can see the output log and the output only in the browse tool but not for the other tools what I can see in the standard workflow. Is there any way I can see the output value for all the tools used in the workflow just like standard workflow ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sou You would need to use the run button (Control + r) in order to see the outputs like a standard workflow. If you use the wand (patrick_digan_0-1590492813831.png) or click on a yxwz file and open it, it doesn't allow you to see the outputs like a standard workflow at that point. 

sou
6 - Meteoroid

Hi    many thanks for the solution.