Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Google Sheets Input tool causing error on server

samanthamcal
5 - Atom

Hi community,

I am trying to test the Google Sheets Input tool on our alteryx server with a simple workflow: the google sheets input tool connected to a select tool. I'm using the developer login for the google tool, so I do not have to re-enter my credentials. I don't get any error when I run locally, however when I try to save it to our alteryx gallery I get the following error: Tool 2 - No valid fields were selected. 

Has anyone else experienced this, and figured a way around it? I appreciate any help.

Thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@samanthamcal 

Do you get the error during the validation when uploading the workflow or when you actually run it on the server? 

samanthamcal
5 - Atom

Hi Michal. I get the error when uploading the workflow, but it also does not work when we try running on the server. 

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have access to the server box itself - ie RDP into the box and run the workflow in the context of Alteryx Designer but on the server?

noelshaju
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue any solutions yet ? I am able to run the workflow in my designer locally , but when uploading on to the gallery it throws error.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Noel

veekay123
7 - Meteor

I am having the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it ?