Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery scheduler doesn't pick up 'nested/linked' apps after the first one

JArtNaranjo
7 - Meteor

Okay, this might have been common knowledge... It wasn't for me.

When you load up an app to gallery, which is linked to another app (interface designer->On Success - Run another analytic app) and you run it, it works fine, all perfect, the linkage works (up to 8 chained apps).

However, if you schedule your app using the gallery scheduler then only the first app would run. Why the limit? I know that the gallery is intended for user interfacing, but still, why wouldn't it recognize the connection?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JArtNaranjo have you tried to link the workflows / apps via the Runner Macros from Adam Riley (Runner, List Runner, Conditional runner). You can find them here: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

These should allow you to schedule the apps together.

JArtNaranjo
7 - Meteor

Hi @RishiK,

Thank you for your suggestion and workaround (which in fact works). However, that doesn't answer the questions I asked on my post. Why is a 3rd party macro even necessary to achieve that? 

What gets me is that if you just click run on an app, it runs scheduled already, they even show on the designer scheduler, they don't really run live. Why when actually using the gallery scheduler only the first one would run. I am honestly curious if that is a feature by design or if that is not intended and would be addressed at some point.