Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery refused to display in Tableau dashboard

jasonhopkins
5 - Atom

We are getting the following error trying to display a gallery app inside of a Tableau dashboard:

Refused to display 'https://ourservername/path/to/gallery' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

Does anyone know what has to be changed on the Alteryx server to allow us to display an Alteryx gallery inside of a frame from another server?

Thanks - Jason

6 REPLIES 6
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

We are running into the same issue - it would be great to hear back from Alteryx if there is a solution. 

Best regards,
Ryan

Jcdaniels
6 - Meteoroid

I'm also having the same problem. part of me thinks it may be a browser problem. In IE, I get an error saying "This content cannot be displayed in a frame. To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame"

In Chrome, I just get a blank screen

Jcdaniels
6 - Meteoroid

I am also having the same problem

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Has anyone heard from Alteryx on this issue?

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

@levell_x_dunn,

While it's not an officially supported feature, you may be able to allow this by setting the following value within the RuntimeSettings.xml (default location is C:\ProgramData\Alteryx) inside the <Gallery> tag, and then restarting your Alteryx Service. Note that you shouldn't edit the RuntimeSettings.xml in the bin directory where Alteryx is installed, as it may cause issues.

<FrameOriginPolicy>ALLOW-FROM url</FrameOriginPolicy>

Other options here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options

As long as this option is set properly, you should be able to use an iframe from the specified site. Make sure you clear your local browser cache if you're still seeing the error after restarting your service.

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
usergroup1
5 - Atom

Hi Mike, 

Wanted to reach out as we want to embed the gallery in our standalone report application running mongodb. Can we login with the same gallery user ids and display their apps using an iframe ?