Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery goes inaccessible frequently ('404 - File or directory not found error')

VJ_dup_337
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Team,

Post upgrading to 2018.4 we notice our Alteryx gallery goes inaccessible frequently & we get '404 - File or directory not found error'.

Can you please help to identify issue here?

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

In this case I would recommend you check your logs. Their location depends on how you set up your Alteryx System settings on the Server. But in a typical install they are located at C:\programdata\alteryx\service.

To verify the location of yours, please go to your Alteryx System settings under Controller-->General. You will also find logs in the Gallery directory that may be of some assistance.

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

I will also check Windows log - some version back when we had the issue - Gallery service got interupted by mongo DB processor

or As any Software vendor says "Upgrade... " if possible

Thanks

leonhast
7 - Meteor

Hello VJ, 

is there any solution for this problem yet? 

We are facing the same issue. 

Best regards

sathiya
8 - Asteroid

Another option is to have Service restart

In Services - right click - properties - Recovery

This will help to restart

leonhast
7 - Meteor

This will cancel the progress of all currently running workflows, because the engine is still running. 

Plus someone has to do this manually. 

From a server application, I expect the robustness to recover on its own, without loosing any progress. 

JRendon
5 - Atom

For me what worked was:

1. Check the Gallery Logs, and Server Application Logs. Checking that there isn't anything else affecting the Gallery.
  2. Check the Alteryx Scheduler, making sure that you're not breaking an active workflow.
  3. Restart the 'Alteryx Service'
  4. After restart, check to see if the Gallery is working, check your Gallery logs and Server Application log. Again making sure there aren't any new errors.

Hope that helps.