Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery connection works in Designer but not in the Gallery

shavar
5 - Atom

I have two workflows. One workflow called Main has a Crew Runner tool and calls a sub-workflow called Step1. I run Main which in turn kicks off Step1. Step1 has an input tool using a Gallery connection to SQL server. All runs fine from Designer on my PC. When I save it to the Gallery and try to run it I get connection alias can't be translated when I run the Main workflow. I can run the Step1 workflow from the Gallery on its own. So the difference is running the Main workflow from Designer locally versus running it from the Gallery. I don't understand why when I run the Main workflow from Gallery the connection in Step1 can't be translated. Can you help me with some troubleshooting hints? I'm thinking it may be a permissions issue?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @shavar ,

One thing that could be happening is an issue related in the topic below and it was the exact issue I was experiencing in a workflow of mine.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Macro-unable-to-translate-alias/m-p/65...

If your connection is inside a macro, this macro needs to be in the same folder as your workflow to be able to translate the alias.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

gsjacobs
8 - Asteroid

We are facing the same issue, but it does not involve Macros.  Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot / correct the issue?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@gsjacobs,

The most common use case for this issue your database connection has not be setup with the system dsn and or the gallery does not contain the right drivers or possibly the correct drivers. You must use the system DSN in the setup for the Gallery to use since you are sharing it with the server. 

Hope that helps

DanM

gsjacobs
8 - Asteroid

The connections that are failing in the Gallery now, used to work prior to an upgrade to 2018.3.