Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery - Workflow - Server Input Tool

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I was developing an Analytic App that runs on the desktop.

I have an interface, that is prompting the user to enter the path to the file to "data-in".

I can not specify a general path, since Alteryx is throwing me an error ("File not found"). If I specify a link, I can not upload the workflow without the database as an asset.

Can anyone help me?

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@wolfgangh 

I think what it sounds like you're trying to do is use a folder location in an app.

If I have that wrong, can you attach a sample of the workflow?

If you're giving the app a location and not a file, then the location has to be reachable by the server.  Usually the issue I've seen with this is that the Windows account under which the server is being run does not have access to the location.

Have you confirmed the service account running the server has access?

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wolfgangh,

Could you please confirm which interface tool are you using to prompt the user to enter the path to the file to "data-in"?

Are you using File browse or Folder Browse?

VianneyM_0-1577452148180.png

Where are you receiving the issue? in the server or Designer?

My guess is that you are using the Folder browse tool and that you have the issue on the Gallery and the reason is because this specific tool is not supported for running in the gallery. For security reasons

VianneyM_2-1577452415471.png

Let me know if I am wrong, in any case a picture of your workflow or attaching your workflow can help us to understand better your problem

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney