Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery - Upload workflow - error Python tool

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I am running a workflow on my Desktop and it is running perfectly fine. I try to upload it in the Gallery and Alteryx throws the error to the Pyton tool stating "There is no valid metadata for the outgoing connection 1. Run the workflow to generate valid metadata," while uploading it. Do you have any idea what this error means?

Thanks and best regards,

Frank

4 REPLIES 4
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @wolfgangh ,

I have the same behaviour with a workflow using a text input as datasource. As a workaround, you can uncheck the "validate worflow" and run it from the Gallery, does it work? It works for me.

WilliamR_1-1577030040343.png

(If this post helps, then please consider it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly).

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wolfgangh,

Could you please confirm if the workflow that was uploaded to the gallery runs without issues? (while validating the workflow you received an error, but the workflow is uploaded to the gallery)

Typically, I have seen this error come from updating from older versions of Alteryx to a newer one that has the Jupyter functionality. Typically the fix is to reset the settings, 

Please follow these steps to eliminate the current "no valid metadata" message

1. Reset your system settings: by going to Options> User Settings > Restore Defaults. 

2. you can also Run Designer on elevated (Administrator) mode. 

Let me know if you continue with the message

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wolfgangh ,

can you please provide us some feedback about your issue.

Have those answers helped you?

bkro86
5 - Atom

Was this issue solved? Running in to same issue but no idea how to fix...