Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Upload - macros within macros

onicholson
7 - Meteor

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. 

How do I upload workflows to the gallery that have macros within macros?  When I 'Manage Workflow Assets' it only shows the first layer of macro but does not address any macros within.  I'm encountering the issue specifically with a macro that uses CReW macros but also have a few workflows that will eventually be uploaded to the gallery that have internally-developed macros within macros.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can use the asset tab with selecting a macro in a workflow.  Make sure all relative macros are selected before publishing.  If there are even more macros, in macros, in macros, then do this for each.

macro assets.png

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
onicholson
7 - Meteor

This is the same assets tab from the run command event in the workflow configuration?

Does this actually package the assets with the workflow and tell it to upload everything to the gallery or does it just give the gallery the path to the asset?  In other words, does the gallery need access to the file paths and would future updates to the macros be captured by the server automatically or does everything need to be re-uploaded?

Thanks for your help!

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This should allow for packaging of all the assets associated with the workflow.  You do need to set these asset dependencies for each macro.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
amberferger
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that utilizes a macro that has another macro embedded within it. When I attempt to upload the workflow to gallery, I am not given the option to attach the embedded macro, so the workflow does not run. 

I cannot seem to find the asset tab to select the embedded macros. When I click on the macro within the workflow, I only see the configuration options. I am using version 2018.4.5.55178 -- is this a feature that is accessible within this version? If so, where can I find this tab?

onicholson
7 - Meteor

@amberferger if you go to Options>User Settings>Edit User Settings>Advanced there is a box that says 'Display Asset Management in Properties Window'.  If you check that box you'll be able to see the asset tab when you click on your macro (not sure if you  have to close and reopen the designer to get it to show up, but it will be a little box under the Annotation icon in the configuration window)

amberferger
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much -- this worked!