Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Scheduler not catering for time zone correctly?

paulreading
7 - Meteor

Hi

trying to set up a schedule on the gallery. Server timezone is UK, target timezone is Phoenix/US i.e -7 hours

I've set up a schedule to run monthly 13th at phoenix 1814 so run dat should be 14th 0114 in the uk

Not only has the schedule set the start date to be a month later i.e 13th Feb not Jan but looks like it will run the schedule on the same day anyway, Uk 13th 0114, not 14th Uk 0114, not taking into account the different day?

Am I missing something?

paulreading_0-1641997686645.png

paulreading_1-1641997919567.png

3 REPLIES 3
darryl5280
10 - Fireball

Its very confusing to have the Sever and you in different time Zones, until Alteryx puts the Time Zone on every page of the Server's Gallery just set the Time Zone of Sever in "My Profile," and then its easier to understand and then do the 7 hours difference in the Time you pick in the Schedule Scheduling page.

paulreading
7 - Meteor

HI @darryl5280 I am in the same timezone as the server. What I'm trying to do is set jobs to run in the UK but based on Phoenix times. Yep I could manually set the job to run UK time based on Phoenix time i.e. Job needs to run 0100hrd Phoenix so set job to run 0800 UK, but that's what I thought the timezone dropdown was for! and even hoped it would cater for summertime changes. It does seem to be ok generally just when the server job time is the day after the actual target timezone day/time

Paul. 

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

I gave up using setting the Time Zone in schedule, and I created custom schedule names with the Schedule in it like "Daily 1am Phoenix", so when the schedule is run I can quickly see if its right.