Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery SMTP Settings with Office 365 SMTP Server

tj
7 - Meteor

Would like some guidance on gallery SMTP settings using Office 365 account.

I tried to setup gallery server using Office 365 SMTP server information as follows:

tj_0-1590536299956.png

But received the following error message:

tj_1-1590536357656.png

The email server configuration and credential are successfully tested using Email tool in Alteryx.

Could anybody help to shed some lights on what goes wrong and how to fix the issue?

Thanks a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @tj ,

What version of Alteryx Server are you using?

Based on the screenshot you shared there is no from email and username, which makes the emails to be treated as anonymous.

The error comes from the mail server and therefore you would have to involve your Email team or Network team to look into it.

On Microsoft's forum please refer to the following post .
Check with your Email / Network team that you have the correct SMTP settings. You might also be in touch with Microsoft Support for the right settings.

tj
7 - Meteor

Hi @CristianoJ , thanks for your feedback.

Our Alteryx server version is 2020.1.

Actually I didn't state it clearly, but the from email and username fields were filled using our office 365 account. 

We used same setting in Email tool as shown below and it works fine

tj_0-1590784967240.png

Let me research a bit further on SMTP settings following your reference article.

Thanks!

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@tj,

I see that you are using encryption type STARTTLS, which is only available in the email tool.

Unfortunately, It is not supported on the Alteryx Server System Settings.

If you really need to send email notifications from the server a workaround would be to use a public email service like from Yahoo.

Here is a screenshot for you.

Capture2.JPG

tj
7 - Meteor

Hi @CristianoJ ,

Sorry for not checking the message until today, thanks for your feedback.

Will explore and try it out.

PRO818
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I am dealing with the same issue ... just wondering if you were able resolve this using the workaround suggested above 

tj
7 - Meteor

Hi @PRO818 

No I have yet gotten the time to test out the workaround yet, but I believe it should work given the reason explained.

Feel free to test out and let me know the outcome.

Thanks.