Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Retry Attemts

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Im working with Alteryx Gallery 9.4 and im running across a problem where the Gallery Prompts me with "Retry Attempts."

I cant find anywhere on the web that addresses this. It runs fine on my local machine but I get that messege only in the Gallery for this application. It keeps running until this,  "We are unable to get the status of your workflow results at this time. You can close this view and check the Workflow Results page later"

Please help what do i need to do. Is there a limit to the amount of outputs the gallery can handle?

7 REPLIES 7
kevinbird15
9 - Comet

Can you provide more information on this (What are you trying to do, possibly the workflow you are using)?  I have had something similar when I am pulling something in from a local source and then put it onto the gallery.  

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

What im trying to do is take a polygon that is user inputted so the location and size of the polyogn will change and use it as a clip feature? It clips out roads, waterways, and parks that intersect with it then exports those out as Individule tab files. I beleive the issue might be that sometime the polygon doesnt have a feature like a waterway that intersects with it so the output is empty. It might be the issue so im going to test it out. 

*Side note If anyone know how to have alteryx export out to a Zip folder that can hold multipule features that would be awesome. 

kevinbird15
9 - Comet

What filetype are you using to output?

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

Tab Files  (Map Info tab files). I dont like it but its what is needed.

kevinbird15
9 - Comet

Yeah it looks like that is the problem.  I am trying to find a work around.  Right now I am looking at possibly counting the records and if the record count is 0 take one path otherwise take another path, but so far I haven't had any luck.  I'll update you if I make any headway.  

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

I didnt think about that. I'll let you know if I figure it out also. 

kevinbird15
9 - Comet

Well, I haven't made much progress here.  Maybe somebody else will solve it, but if not, I think this would be a good topic to bring up in the Alteryx Product Ideas section.  I think this could definitely be made into a type of try/catch block if that were a thing in Alteryx.  I also think that it could be doable if you could do formula conditions in detour blocks.  Instead of just the check to go to the right actuall having a "If true, go right, else go left" type thing.