Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery: Queued Apps vs concurrent Apps

bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know if there is a way in AlterYX to have an app force itself to be a queued application instead of allowing concurrent use?

Aka if user #1 (Brandon) logs into our gallery and clicks on an application that normally takes 5-10 minutes to run, and then user #2 (Patricia) logs in and clicks on the same application right away, then I would want the second run (patricia's run) to wait the 5-10 minutes for the First run (brandon's run) to finish before it starts its own run.

Thanks and let me know if my question isn't clear enough!

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Setup a table in your database and status it. If it is in use, cause the app to gracefully end. At the end of use, update it. You might want a maintenance app too just in case.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hey Marquee!  This is a great idea and is actually exactly what I resorted too in my current applications.

The first step of my app is to check for the database table record, and if found it will error out using a warning message that tells the users "The application is currently in use by "user", please try again in a few minutes".

I was mostly just hoping this was something that could be done natively within the app instead of using this 'status' methodology :-)  I apologize I should have made that more clear in my post!

As always thanks for your help!