Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery - Input File - <List of Sheet Names>

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

we created a workflow, that runs on the local machine. As soon as we run it on the server, we have a couple of different issues, that will disturb the user.

1. The input tool offers to choose the <List of Sheet Names>. It would be helpful to suppress the this selection

2. The Gallery gives feedback, that the result did not create results. That is not true, since the workflow creates files that are store on a share drive. Is there a way to adapt that? If I run the workflow on the local machine, I can at least see the file that was created.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wolfgangh ,

For your 1st question, I don't think it is possible to remove the option to list sheet names.

For the 2nd one, I suggest you to insert a browse tool in paralel with your output data tool and to configure the interface designer as follows:

fmvizcaino_0-1586224802487.png

When checking the browse tool, your workflow will produce a view of your file in your gallery results.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

For Question 1, perhaps you can try changing the file format (Option 2) to Microsoft Excel legacy (xlsx)  - this does not support list of sheet names. I have not tested how this looks on Server though.