Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Data connections not visible to the users

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

Recently we have set up Alteryx Server. The requirement is to create a data connection on gallery and share the connection to different users, so that they can use same connection on designer and publish it to gallery (so there is no need to change the data connections every time they want to publish).
On Admin gallery I have created a data connection (Oracle) and shared the data connection to different users. But the issue is they are not able to view any connections on Saved data connection, but i can view the data connection if i am trying to connect through my Designer. I am the curator on gallery and other users are Artisans.

Could you please suggest if I am missing something or if there is any other way to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks,

Arun

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@saiarunbandhakavi Have the users added the gallery in their designers (Open Workflow >> add a Gallery)? If they've added a gallery, do they have they have a galleryalias.xml file on their machines?

%APPDATA%\Alteryx\Engine

Those would be the first 2 things I would check. Hopefully #1 solves it.

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

The users have added the gallery in their designer. But the user does not have galleryalias.xml on their machine

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@saiarunbandhakavi So that file gets generated/refreshed everytime someone opens a new instance of alteryx. You can manually generate/refresh the file by going to options >> advanced >> manage data connections; however, It looks like something funny might be going on. It seems odd that they would be able to add the gallery and open a workflow from the gallery, but the data for the data connections isn't properly being passed to their machines. You may have to reach out to support@alteryx.com if that's the case.

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that you see some sort of symbol (like the curator or artisan symbol) at the far right on your data connections screen where you can add users. I've accidentally added permissions to the studio (no symbol) instead of the users (symbol like below):

Capture.PNG 

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

@saiarunbandhakavi did you solve this? 

@patrick_digan the user indicated they didn't see the XML? You don't address this in your response? 

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

on my end this was solved by having our admin go in, remove and re-add the connections. 

puja10
5 - Atom

Hi all,I am getting the same issue even after created a new connection and add the user's not able to see the connection and my company gallery is also add.Please help on this.

puja10_0-1629966722373.png

rojamahathi
5 - Atom

I have the same issue.Is this resolved?