Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Curator Admin

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

Have any Curators encountered an issue with Google Chrome not allowing you to get into the Admin screens?  When I click "Admin" it prompts for a credentials (screenshot below) , but even those don't work. We are in Chrome version Version 89.0.4389.90 and in the Server Version 2020.2.3.27789.  It still works seamlessly in Internet Explorer and Edge.

stvnhdmpa_0-1615584292868.png

9 REPLIES 9
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @stvnhdmpa 

What type of authentication are you using on the server?

Dan

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@danilang We use SAML authentication.

M_Lomas
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and have logged it with Alteryx Support. Although, as a workaround if you try to access it via Internet Explorer it works, well it does for me.

Thanks

Marc

M_Lomas
6 - Meteoroid

We're also using SAML...

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@M_Lomas What version of Alteryx Gallery are you on?  We have found that workaround as well.  Not ideal, but it does work.   Can you advise if you get a response and answer to your support ticket?

M_Lomas
6 - Meteoroid

Screenshot attached

Screenshot_20210315-204454_Gmail.jpg

M_Lomas
6 - Meteoroid

Looks like an issue with the latest update to Chrome which has bugged something. IE not ideal but works until there's a fix.

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

Alteryx has created a defect where the issue seems to happen after Chrome Browser gets updated to latest version.

Meanwhile, use Internet Explorer or Chrome version 88.xx.....

If you are being affected make sure to open a support case with Alteryx so that your case gets associated with the defect and you will get notified when the fix is released.

M_Lomas
6 - Meteoroid

Here's support ticket response and workaround...

I just finished a meeting with our Dev guys and this issue was fixed in the 2020.4 version 

The update implemented by chrome was already implemented in Firefox sometime back and the dev team caught wind of it and fixed this into 2020.4 

Also for your version (2020.2), we have another workaround, Please follow the steps listed below

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/DE29227-Admin-Page-Login-Issues-for-S...