Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Connection Works for the Owner of Workflow; Other Users Get an "Alias" Error

ASMR
7 - Meteor

Our client has set up an Alteryx Server in which several different users upload their own workflows and schedule as need be. Things run smoothly for the most part, but there are two specific workflows that each write data to different tables within SAP HANA (which has been set up as a Gallery connection within the server). Whenever I try to publish these workflows to the Gallery and subsequently run them, I get an "Unable to translate alias..." error for that output tool. I also can't select that output in the Manage workflow assets option when saving to the Gallery. Another user also encountered the same issue as me. 
Error message in the Gallery; same as what I see when saving the workflow within DesignerError message in the Gallery; same as what I see when saving the workflow within DesignerCan't select the highlighted tool within Manage workflow assetsCan't select the highlighted tool within Manage workflow assets

However, the owner of the workflow can publish these two workflows to the Gallery without any error messages. I should also note that there are other workflows on the Server that use the same Gallery connection and those run without any alias errors (and I'm not the owner of those workflows either).

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue, and why they are only pertinent to these two workflows? It's strange to me that a Gallery connection would work for some workflows and not for others. 

3 REPLIES 3
revathi
8 - Asteroid

Canvases connected to Gallery Connections created for an environment - (Lets say development environment) - will work (run successfully and generate output) only in that environment. 

when you publish  this canvas to Production environment - canvas will fail (with alias error message you are facing) on that environment even if that environment has a Gallery connection with same name.  

Please ensure your canvas (in Designer - desktop application) is connected to the Gallery connection in the environment to which you are publishing your canvas. 

Hope this resolves the issue.

ASMR
7 - Meteor

The thing is that I and another user are using the same Gallery connection. If either of us simply open the workflow from the Gallery and immediately resave/republish, we get the alias error message. But when the owner of the workflow does that same process, she doesn't get that error. We're all using the same Gallery connection and all publishing to the same environment. Why would it only work for her and not for others?

AsmiDesai
9 - Comet

Check with your gallery admin to confirm the other users are also added over data connection, even though studio must be added already.

Adding users separately or adding them again on connection has resolved this issue in our case.

~Asmita