Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Connection Permissions

Csand
8 - Asteroid

Hi - we have created a Gallery workflow that uses a Gallery connection. Our server uses the Default "Run As" option and we have provided the Alteryx server service account access to use the Gallery connection. However, we have to individually add each user that runs the workflow in the Gallery to the Gallery connection or they are unable to execute the workflow successfully. Does someone have a better approach to avoid having to add each workflow user to the Gallery connection (since we really only want them to have access to the collection)?

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Csand,

You should be able to do as you have requested. you should not have to add users to the connection for the database. Once someone is added to the collection, they should be able to run the workflow that is shared without adding them to the connect. I actually just tested this and that is the behavior I got. It may be what you are attempting to do with the service account and it's access. I would suggest opening a ticket with Alteryx Support to help with troubleshooting.

DanM

alyon
10 - Fireball

@Csand   - Are you still having this issue? I may be able to help.