Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery Collection: Where can I learn about limitations?

DanielUpton
9 - Comet

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what, if any, limits exist within a Gallery Collection, for how many applications (or workflows) can be deployed to one.

I don't see an answer for that in the Server Install / Configure Guide, nor in the Analytics Gallery (Server Use Case).  

If you happen to know the number (or that it's not limited), of course, I'd love to hear that, too.

Best,

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7
DanielUpton
9 - Comet

...by the way, I have a suspicion that it's not limited.

CasperNorskov
5 - Atom

Taking the exam tomorrow? ;)

DanielUpton
9 - Comet

Well, since you ask, Casper, errh, ye..ah, let me re-state my question: 

Where might I find insights on limitations of subscriptions and especially collections?

CasperNorskov
5 - Atom

I´m taking the exam myself ;)

I have not managed to find anything about a restiction on the number of applications that may exist in a collection. I think that it would have been visible somewhere if that was the case. Furthermore, I know that there are no similar restrictions in for instance Tableau Server, so it would be weird if Alteryx had such a thing. Besides, why would there be a limit on the number of applications you can publish when there is a limit on the number of workflows which you can run simultanously?

CasperNorskov
5 - Atom

I´m taking the exam myself ;)

I have not managed to find anything about a restiction on the number of applications that may exist in a collection. I think that it would have been visible somewhere if that was the case. Furthermore, I know that there are no similar restrictions in for instance Tableau Server, so it would be weird if Alteryx had such a thing. Besides, why would there be a limit on the number of applications you can publish when there is a limit on the number of workflows which you can run simultanously?

DanielUpton
9 - Comet
I believe that it's okay for us to interact on this, since we're just sharing thoughts and I'm looking for documentation. In a perfect world, I stumble upon documentation, perhaps with an insight that would disprove this limit, or may specify it directly. Real world, it may be best to pursue simple logic, although I would not consider a Tableau Server limitation to be proportional to an Alteryx one. From here, I'm just going to revisit the published workflows for insights on 'how-to' for the practical. Best of luck. Daniel
Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

There is no limit.