Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Formula Query

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

Why might the below be flagging a Parse Error:

if !IsNull([Override Expiration]) and if [Strategy Testing Override Type] = 'Green' Then "Override in Place" Else [Strategy Test Month] Endif

I basically want to say, if Override Expiration is not empty and Strategy Testing Override Type is Green, then I want the field to say Override in Place, otherwise just bring in the existing data

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @JTB76 

Formula would be

if !IsNull([Override Expiration]) and [Strategy Testing Override Type] = 'Green' Then "Override in Place" Else [Strategy Test Month] Endif

Removing IF

if !IsNull([Override Expiration]) and if [Strategy Testing Override Type] = 'Green' Then "Override in Place" Else [Strategy Test Month] Endif

Hope this helps : )

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

OK...Feel stupid now!!!    Thanks a lot.  Much appreciated...

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

I do have another query (hopefully a little more challenging than the last!)  you might be able to help out with:

Most of my questions on here have been about this flow, but I have now discovered an issue now that its gone live!  The attached shows the part of my flow that I am having an issue with.

1 = This is where numerous data files are created into PDF files.  They are ultimately grouped by the overall 'Approver' contact.

2 = This part of the flow creates the specific PDF's for Account and Sub Account.  The issue I have is that whilst the Approver across the Account and Sub Accounts will be the same, I also have Owners and Coordinators that might be different across accounts:  EG.  Bob is approver across 2 accounts.  But account 1 has Sally and Greg as Owner and Coord and account 2 has Bill and Ben..............

3 = This is where the pdf's are grouped together so that the Approver only receives 1 email/attachment will all the items for them.

My issue initially was that only the Approver and one of the Owners / Coords was being sent the files.  In step 3 above/attached I not only selected Approver, but also Owner and Coord.  This now does show that all of them will receive the emails....However, as there are 6 different Owners/Coords, the Approver is now going to receive 6 emails.......Is there any way that I can still have the mail going to the approver once but also ensuring that all Owners and Coords are also getting the files?

I know that's a lot of info, but if you can assist it would be great.  Let me know if any further screenshots etc would help.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @JTB76 

This is quite a challenging usecase. Let me give it a try. I would suggest you to post it as a new question so that others will also know its a new usecase and will take a look into it. People generally ignore already solved posts.

Hence please post it as a new question for maximum participation from solvers 🙂.