Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Folder Browse tool not working

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I used Folder browse interface tool to run my workflow however i got error while running in the server. I tried to use Text Input interface tool as well but i got input directory error so please advice me with alternate tool to run the workflow in server, that would be helpful to me.

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Dhilip_Kumar the folder browse tool won't work on the server as it not supported on the Alteryx Gallery the UI of the Alteryx server. Have you spoken to your Alteryx Server admin to permission any network folder you want to use as this need to be setup? Otherwise you can use a file browse tool to pick a indivdual file. 

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Joseph,

We were unable to use the file browse option to individually choose each file because there were 21 input files. Additionally, we have checked with our server admin to get permission for the network folder. Meantime I would like to know, is there any tool to replace folder browse tool to run the workflow in server public gallery.

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

I need an sample workflow with solution, that would be very helpful to me.

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

I got below error while running the workflow in server.

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Try replacing your folder address with a fully-qualified/absolute UNC path.

The address "T:\" might not be mapped properly on the Server machine, which is why Alteryx can't navigate to it from the Server side. If you use the absolute path, then Alteryx will find it every time (assuming that it has the proper access permissions to that folder location).

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Peachyco. Its works for me!!!