Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Folder Browse in Private Gallery

Bueller18
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I have an analytic app which has a Folder Browse tool connected to a Directory tool and I have tried to publish it to my company's private gallery, however, I am receiving the following error message:

Unknown error. TypeLoadException RequestID: 3e350afe67df46918263c2ae886cb8ac

I am aware that the folder browse tool is restricted from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery, however, I expected it to work fine on my firm's private gallery. The app is running with no restrictions.

Kind regards

JB

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Bueller18 

This Interface tool is unfortunately not supported in the Gallery environment. You could use a text input tool and ask users to paste in the path to the directory they'd like to use instead. Please see the below for more detail

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Folder-Browse-Not-Available-on-Galler...

Michal

Bueller18
7 - Meteor

Thank you @MichalM for the help

somervill
7 - Meteor

Hi Michal, the Input Tool functions well. But that come to another question, when I try to save the file into gallery, it shows that I cannot save a Directory File with local path into the Gallery, the screenshot is as below. Wondering what should I put within the path?

Path need to be defined.

somervill_0-1662615759121.png

However, if I put a specific address, I cannot upload the workflow to the gallery.

somervill_1-1662615840029.png