Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

FileUnbuffered: GetOverlappedResult: The specified network name is no longer available

Rich_Stebles
8 - Asteroid

Hello

I have a workflow that runs everyday on the Scheduler, normally fine.  Recently I had a failure though, where it couldn't read in the initial file.

The error was "FileUnbuffered: Error in GetOverlappedResult: The specified network name is no longer available. (64)"

It was on an Input Data tool, literally Tool ID 1.  

Does anyone have any ideas what could have caused this, given that:

• It runs OK everyday, i.e. the file paths and network access are correctly configured
  • Our IT services company have confirmed via their network monitoring that the network was available and correctly working during the time of the error
  • There is 45GB of space available on Alteryx Server's local drive

Any thoughts welcome

Thanks 

Regards 

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Rich_Stebles 

Are the networking team able to check the server was fine and connected to the network?

It could have been an issue on a card on the server itself rather than the network share.

Rich_Stebles
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joe

They checked the status of the Server first before they checked the network, they said the Server had been running continuously for hundreds of hours. 

Further info: this workflow was one in a chain of workflows and once this one had finished (complete with the error) then the next workflow kicked off OK and ran without error (this workflow also needed access to the same network).

Regards

Richard

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Seems like it could just be a random network or memory glitch.

I think you may need to see if it happens again and look for a pattern to determine it.