Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

File not found (tool28), picked by the workflow

mszpot89
9 - Comet

My workflow picks file from shared drive (my account has specific credentials assigned)

When loading the workflow to the server I get an error:

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Just to check is that a full qualification you have in there? Like if you have a shared drive that everyone knows as "T:" but that's not the real name of that path? I would start there.

The second thing is that while you may have the correct credentials, the profile that the server utilizes may not have access. Usually a service account. Reach out to your admin on that.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
fharper
12 - Quasar

Expanding on Treyson's comments.  

• If the reference includes a network drive letter mapping the Server may not have the same drive letter assigned or may have it assigned but to a different location.  
    • If the drive letter is used and is defined the same in the server ID entity as it is with your user id then verify the Server credentials have access to the location.
    • If the drive letter is used and is not the same location change to explicit full path, a drive path is just an alias really.
  • If no drive letter referenced then the server account probably doesn't have access to the location...
  • if the server ID doesn't have access you can set up the "Run As" option...not a preferred option in my view but workable.