Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

File not found - "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\

ChrisPayne153
7 - Meteor

Hi!

My company recently purchased licencing for the Alteryx Server.  We are through setup and now uploading our first array of apps.  The first few use a File Browse connected to Input Data via an Update Input Data Tool action.  

However, when the app runs on the Gallery, the following error is received:

The App did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:

• File not found "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\4840_30ec1b497b9c47f8b9519f37ed4b7de9\In_5eb295f0183200001a00483f\List for App.xlsx|`Sheet1$`" (Tool Id: 379)

Any ideas on how this can be resolved?  It seems that the app has loaded the file into a staging area but then cannot find it.

Thanks

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
aschrubey
5 - Atom

We are experiencing this same issue, were you able to find a solution?

ChrisPayne153
7 - Meteor

Hi

Unfortunately, i don't remember what this specific issue centred on but have been able to get over issues with files not being found etc.  What is the workflow doing and I will try to point you in the right direction?  

Thanks

Chris

aschrubey
5 - Atom

We are having the same issue of when we include a File Browse connected to an Input via action Tool using Update Value is throwing an error on our Private Gallery, but works fine in Designer. It seems the issue is that the File Browse on Gallery creates a temporary path and then throws error that it is not able to find that location.

File not found "G:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\2968_f34141061df04b29a7ce36df836c02e7\In_5f18a702f1fee30b98007e4a\20200625_CommercialWL.xlsx|`Sheet1$`" 

Appreciate any guidance you can provide!

ChrisPayne153
7 - Meteor

Okay, there would be a couple of things that i would look at.  A big thing that i found - more internal to my company than to do with Alteryx, was to ensure that the server has access to your shared drives.  We have it set up on a Virtual Machine but the profile that it was assuming did not have access to our commonly used shared drives.  

The next part would be to ensure that the input file that you have the workflow pointed to as a placeholder for the file browse is not loaded as an asset.  This can be found in Workflow Options > Manage Workflow Assets when saving a workflow to the Gallery.  Just untick your input files.

rhipp87
7 - Meteor

I've found an issue with the Dropdown tool and external sources. I'm saving a list of Filenames and their Filepaths to Name and Value columns to a \\UNC_Path\yxdb file.  On the desktop client, selecting a Name uses the corresponding Value. However, when the analytics app is uploaded to the Gallery, Alteryx uses the Name value selected instead of the corresponding value. Case Number: 00654738