Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

File Browse on Output causing Alteryx Server Access Issue

buegemac
5 - Atom

I am having an issue when running a workflow from the Alteryx Server with the following attributes: 

- Using a credential to access shared folders

- File Browse tool on the Output

The error claims there is an access issue related to the Output Data tool and the file path is to a temporary folder.

I need the workflow to result in a file for the user to open and can not have it dump the output into only into the shared folder. The workflow runs properly if I run locally or if I run without the File Browse tool, but I need to run on the Server with the File Browse tool. 

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

One way that we do it is that we use the email tool to email the users files. We don't let users store files on our servers so a good workaround (that also provides proof) is sending the file via email if possible. Not sure if the size is too big

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
buegemac
5 - Atom

My company has restricted access to the email server so I don't think email is an option. 

KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@buegemac The File Browse tool is not supported in Server when used for ouptut using the Save as Dialog options. This limitation is documented in help.

KevinP_0-1603222384425.png

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/file-browse-tool

buegemac
5 - Atom

It is set up to "Update Value" the File Name on the Output Data tool, so the Save as Dialog box is not checked on the File Browse tool. See attached screenshot.