Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

File Browse Tool in Gallery

gupta_tarun
5 - Atom

Not able to read more than 1kb files using file browse tool in alteryx gallery, getting the error message: 'Requested file is too large on format unsupported' . Works fine on designer.

Will appreciate any leads on this.

8 REPLIES 8
HossC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @gupta_tarun,

We may have better luck getting to the bottom of this issue if you can give a little more detail. Can you let us know what DB you are using? Can you attach the workflow (or any workflow that reproduces the error)?

Thanks!

Hoss Carroll
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
chrisrayner
8 - Asteroid

I am experiencing the same error with an excel spreadsheet.  The input tool works fine when the workflow is run from the Designer, but when it is run from the gallery, we are getting this error message.

The spreadsheet is on a network drive, and is around 100Mb in size.

We tested a smaller version of the spreadsheet (the first 20 or so rows, but otherwise exactly the same) and it worked fine from the gallery.

Any ideas if there is some kind of setting limiting how large an input file can be?

Chris

HossC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @chrisrayner,

Do you know if you are using Windows Authentication on your Server? Also, can you log into your server and try running this app directly from the server (http://localhost/gallery/)?

Let me know what you find.

Regards

Hoss Carroll
Alteryx
chrisrayner
8 - Asteroid

@HossC - Yes, we are using Windows authentication, and I have just logged on to the server and tried to do it from the gallery directly on the server, and it works.  It recognises the full file.  Do you know why it doesn't from the workstations?

HossC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @chrisrayner,

I think we may actually need to move this issue to a support case. I will reach out directly with support (support@alteryx.com) in order to further troubleshoot this issue. I'll then try to post the resolution once the case is closed.

Regards,

Hoss Carroll
Alteryx
papalow
8 - Asteroid

@HossC  Is there a resolution to this case?  

Thanks.

BJEY
5 - Atom

Hi HossC,

Did you got resolution for this issue, I am facing similar issue when uploading 48 MB excel file from my local system to Alteryx gallery.  Appreciate your response at the earliest.

mcha54
8 - Asteroid

Any other thoughts on this error? Started to get it for files above 20MB, which doesn't seem like a lot. Upload File size limits for Chrome/modern browsers seem to be 2GB.