Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

File Browse Tool Behaves Differently when run on Gallery vs. Local

Matt1
5 - Atom

I am creating a workflow in which the user selects a file with multiple sheets, and I would like Alteryx to be able to import all sheets from the file with a single file browse. I was able to accomplish this using the process below:

image.png

The user selects a file but does not choose a table/sheet name, and clicks OK.

image.png

The multiple action tools then replace the specific strings which are just the filename.xlsx| without the sheet name.

image.png

The input data tool then provides the appropriate sheet name.

image.png

However, when I run this app in the Gallery, I am required to select either <List of Sheet Names> or one of the worksheets.

image.png

Is there any possible way to not select of these options while working in the Gallery as I am able to do locally? I do not want to have to add a file browse for each individual worksheet, as that would make this app much less user friendly. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Matt1 - That functionality is coded that way in the Gallery, so there is no circumvention.

Please post this suggestion to the Ideas page on the Community.  The Product Managers regularly review these posts, and if there's enough interest, the features will be included in the roadmap for future releases.  When I see your post, I will upvote it for momentum.

Matt1
5 - Atom

Hi @CristonS,

I have posted this suggestion in the ideas page, thank you for your support!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/File-Browse-Tool-Gallery-Import-a-file-withou...