Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

File Browse Input Data with Action tool in Gallery analytic app - Output Filename as Field

davecodling
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have an analytic app with File Browse (with field map) and Action Tool which updates an Input Data tool.  In the Input Data tool I have selected Output Filename as Field: Full Path, as I wish to return the name of the input file.

However, on the Gallery, I get an additional field: Filename appearing in my field map.  I don't want this is it isn't a data column I wish to input.  

This is different than running the same apps using Alteryx Designer.  Filename never appears in the user interface.

I have Alteryx Designer 11.5 and Gallery at the same version.

Attached are two packages and dummy input data which demonstrate the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Interesting, we are on 2018.2 and I've replicated this behaviour.

I've created a workaround but you should note when you load a file it doesn't take notice of the folder it has pulled from and gives a temporary location where the file has been placed on the server. I don't think it's possible to get the folder name unless you ask them to specify this seperately, but it looks like you only care about the filename anyway.

Ben

davecodling
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Ben,

I was already planning to use something very similar to your workaround.  That will work OK for me for now.

Cheers,

Dave

davecodling
6 - Meteoroid

The other point is that I use the same app on the Gallery and on our desktop machines, so the workaround should satisfy both cases.