Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Extracting a zip file on the Gallery

mgelberg
5 - Atom

Hi Folks,

I have a macro I use for zip extraction locally, but am trying to emulate it on a private gallery. Right now it leverages 7-zip, but that can't be done on the gallery, so wanted to see if there were other options out there (R? Python?). I haven't had luck with the dynamic input tool either.

Any suggestions welcome!

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mgelberg ,

Why doesn't 7-zip work in your gallery? Due to run command permissions in your company's gallery? I could be mistaken, but I remember using 7zip in gallery before.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

mgelberg
5 - Atom

The command I have currently runs it locally, how would you replicate this on the Gallery?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.exe" e "C:\Users\GELB001\AppData\Local\Temp\3\Engine_35896_7eaf35b675a64428b9a25bfc1d95b913_\Engine_11496_f85e075eda9a4239a6a3a0b4a3d1c596_.tmp"

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mgelberg ,

I would put 7zip on a shared folder where server would be able to also see and call. And do the same with your log files folder. 

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino