Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Executing alteryx gallery workflow from tableau workbook

Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

I was wondering if it is possible to execute a workflow from the gallery api from a tableau workbook on a server. What I am wanting to do is have an action in the workbook that would pass parameters to the api and return data to the tableau server. Tableau has the option to pass a url action, but after reading the gallery api documentation I wasn't sure how to make that work. Would using the web data connector be a better option?

3 REPLIES 3
joeGade
10 - Fireball

Tableau Have a roadmap to release its Extensions feature where we should be able to create an Extension that will run Gallery App / Workflow. Just waiting for tableau to officially release the extensions Piece so we can start using it . 

Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

So as of now this isn't possible? I'm guessing this won't be released until the conference at the end of October.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The WDC for Tableau Tool allows you to run an alteryx workflow by refreshing a Data Source in Tableau.

Otherwise you could run a workflow via the api from a command, but you would need to put in a fair amount of JS to write the api mechanism. there is an example (node.js) call included in the api docs on your alteryx server though to assist with that.