Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Event emails not being sent by scheduler on server

ndabas
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have scheduled my workflow on Alteryx Gallery and the workflow uses 2 events  - Send an email "After Run with Errors" and Send an email "After run without errors". The mails have multiple receivers and are being sent out from a group mailbox.The mails are being received if I run the workflow manually on Designer or on Gallery but not received when I schedule my workflow on Gallery. I have saved these events before scheduling my workflow. Also, the output log of the workflow says mails were sent. Eg : Completed event : After run without errors : Email to (receiver 1 id), (receiver 2 id)

Could you please help?

2 REPLIES 2
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Are your Gallery SMTP Config set up correctly (see below you can click Test to check)?

If yes, then it might be going to spam.  I used to have the "From email" be "alteryxautoemail@noreply.com".  But my company's server saw "@noreply.com" as spam and sent it to spam folders.  So I changed it to "noreply_alteryx@[mycompanysname].com" where the server will think it's an internal email.

2021-02-03 07_32_01-Window.png

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hi @ndabas - 

What version are you running?  There was a build about a year ago that had a soft failure at email send time, which was awful because things were breaking and we didn't know.  It was a 2019.# build somewhere.  I do not know my emails would fire after a manual gallery run in that build of not, we went backwards pretty fast, but check that to see. 

Good luck!