Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error with inputs and output while running workflow on server

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow designed to take inputs and result the outputs to a sharepoint synced to my computer. When uploading this workflow on to the server and running it, I run into errors with the output saying that it cannot access the folder. 

Things to note:

I have all filepaths set to relative. 

Workflow runs fine when running from designer.

I could use some help regarding how I can set server to read the inputs from right folder instead of the one listed in the error.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
AmrMansour
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Nithinpanicker

Are you sure that your Server machine has access to Sharepoint? 

As it's mentioned in this Article: When implementing this to an Alteryx Server, you will need to :

• Make sure the mapping is the same for both Client and Server
  • Provide the Run As user / any specific user's credentials with access to that mapped SP location to read and write from.

Does this work for you, 

Cheers,

Amr Mansour

Digital Customer Success 

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AmrMansour,

Thank you for your response. Could you please tell me how I can verify if the mapping is same for client and Server? I am not sure what the second point means. 

I am really sorry, I am new to Alteryx and Server.

AmrMansour
Alteryx
Alteryx

No problem at all. 

I invite you to read this thread: Connect and download a Sharepoint Excel File

I believe that we should sync locally in both machines using an identic schema. 

For the second point, you should look at this article explaining How Workflow Credentials Work on a Private Gallery.

Please feel free to ask here if you still need any help 

Cheers,

Amr 

Digital Customer Success

AmrMansour
Alteryx
Alteryx
Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AmrMansour,

For integrating Sharepoint into workflow, I have followed the same as listed in the link to have the sharepoint synced to onedrive. The issue I have right now is that once I have uploaded the workflow into the server, its not able to read the specified sharepoint filepath and giving me errors.

I am not using any sharepoint specific tools. Just the normal directory and dynamic input to import the file from the synced folder.

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

@AmrMansour,

"I believe that we should sync locally in both machines using an identic schema." - Could you please elaborate on how this can be done?

AmrMansour
Alteryx
Alteryx

For me, it looks like the relative path doesn't exist on your Server machine, Have you tried to use an absolute path pointing to your OneDrive on the Server machine?

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Yes that also gave me the same error, Cannot access the folder.