Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error while publishing the workflow to the gallery

stj1120
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me out on the below issue?

I am getting the below error when I'm publishing a workflow to the Alteryx Gallery and it seems strange for me to fix it as in my workflow I'm not using D drive anywhere.

"D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\295832_ddec4d3aaf884b85809b14d809b3e37d\_externals\1\TableauServer.Selection.Projects.yxdb"

Also D drive is not present in my laptop as well.

The same workflow when I run from my Local Desktop it runs perfectly fine without any issues.

The macros folder is existed in the shared drive. I have copied and pasted the macros folder on my desktop and I'm referring to the local saved folder path.

Is this some issue related to Publish to Tableau Server Macro present on Alteryx Server or the folder am referring to??

I have even tried looking into Manage Workfloe assets present under the Workflow Options. There are multiple options regarding the files and tools used in the workflow. Also there are templorary files as well. Very few options are checked.  Few people suggested me I need to choose the right tool options here. 

It is very confusing. Don't understand. Please let me know the solution if you have come across this issue.

Thanks,
Teja.
1 REPLY 1
JoeL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

The message you are seeing when uploading to gallery is of the Gallery machine validating the workflow.

So, in this case the D:/ drive is not your designer, but the Server machine,

and ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\295832... refers to a workflow being ran/validated. this folder does not exist beyond running the workflow (and will have a random name every time it is ran). In these cases it typically refers to a particular file that:

1) had the box checked when you uploaded your workflow to your Gallery, or

2) had left a box unchecked with a relative filepath like "./myfile.yxdb" which will not exist in this randomly-generated staging folder location.

Can you provide the full error message as a screenshot / paste, please?

Thank you