Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Error when try to run workflow in server

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

Hi all:

I'm facing below error when I try to upload my workflow into alteryx. The flow is running fine from my local machine. Can anyone help me please to get rid of it?

tanvir_khan_0-1611287450871.png

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tanvir_khan, take a look at this post...in short, while the workflow works on your local machine, most likely, your Server does not have the same driver installed, or you do not have that data sources DSN entry on the Server. 

That article discusses some steps to fix it, and if you scroll through the additional comments, there is some good troubleshooting info as well.

JoseNavarro
8 - Asteroid

HI

You need to create the same Data Connection in the server. It should have the same name that you have on your Local Machine and the Type of connection must be 'System'

REgards

José 

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

@JoseNavarro & @BrianR 

thanks guys!

It wasn't working due to different DSN name in Local and Server. I've renamed the DNS in local machine same as server and uploaded the workflow successfully.