Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error when running the workflow from Gallery

seenu433
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have created a workflow which uses Run Commands. This runs fine in the designer. When the same is upload to Gallery and run, it fails with an error "There was an unknown error executing the application. The engine reported status Error"

Though the gallery shows as failed, the process runs as expected, but the Alteryx Service Log reads the below after the last step of the execution

There was an error processing queue record 5b6b893c56b8e10aa4007699: Error opening the file "": The system cannot find the path specified."

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\Logs  shows that all steps in the workflow are executed successfully.

The error message reads an empty string for the file name and not sure what is depicts.

Can someone help with pointers please.

Regards,

SRini

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @seenu433,

I am aware of an issue when it comes to using relative paths via the server. Have you tried using the full filepath and re-uploading? Give that a whirl, as I know this sometimes throws it off.

M.

Bulien

seenu433
6 - Meteoroid

It works with full file paths, but since we operate on the server, it may not be feasible to use the full paths.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@seenu433,

You have a few options: 

If you are using relative pathing, the files must be packaged with the workflow when sent to the gallery. You can also use local pathing if the files exist on the server and are not added to the package of the workflow. Lastly, you can use full UNC pathing (recommended) and that will not need to be packaged with the workflow.

When you save the workflow to the Gallery from Designer, you will see a "Workflow Options", select that and you will be able to select or deselect the files you want to be packaged with the workflow.

DanM