Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error using R tool to download on server

Bueller18
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow which downloads JSONstat files using the rjstat package in R, and it works fine on my desktop. When I publish to the Alteryx Gallery, however, the workflow fails with the following error messages:

Error: R (7): Error in open.connection(con, "rb") : cannot open the connection

Info: R (7): InternetOpenUrl failed: 'A connection with the server could not be established'

I believe this may be due to proxy settings in R, however, given that the installation of R appears to be a standalone installation for Alteryx, I cannot figure out how to change the proxy settings for R. 

Help would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Bueller18 

Have you checked that your Alteryx Server has internet access? It could be related to your firewall settings on the server machine.

If you're publishing the the public gallery you generally won't be able to pull data from URLs unless your workflow has been vetted and approved by the Alteryx team.

Bueller18
7 - Meteor

Hi @jamielaird 

Yes the URL is whitelisted on the server and I can actually read the data using the download tool. Unfortunately the rjstat package is expecting to pull the data direct from a url.

I am publishing to a private gallery, not Alteryx public server