Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error running in Gallery/Private Studio (version 2020.4) - Designer workflow runs ok

cwaletzko
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I'm seeing the following errors when I try to deploy a successfully running workflow locally to the Gallery/Private studio.  Here are some of the error messages I'm seeing:

* 'Unable to create backup of'

* Unable to Open archive for zipping: 

* Excel_FIle_04_20_1148.xlsx: Access is denied. (5) (Tool Id: 41)

I'm using version 2020.4 on my local machine as well as on the server.

Has anyone had similar issues?  What was done as a solution?

Thanks,

Chad

1 REPLY 1
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cwaletzko When you save the workflow to the gallery, I would click on workflow options >> manage workflow assets. @DanM has a good article on how packaging assets work. Once you read through that, let us know if you're still having trouble. If you're trying to reference a network file (J:\Folder\file.xlsx), you'll need to UNC it (go to options >> advanced options >> workflow dependencies and then edit your network file and click the UNC button). You would also need to make sure that the account that is running your jobs on the server has access to that location. This is something your server admin would need to help with.