Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error publishing workflow to Alteryx Server

Fairly
6 - Meteoroid

I'm trying to add my workflow to our TAG server. However, when I try to upload it to the server, I get the following error:

Internal error: Upstream tool called push record in update mode

I am assuming it is because of the Python Tool I am using. Here is how my workflow looks like:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 123559.png

In the Python Tool, I am pulling from an API and grabbing the data from it. I can provide the code if needed. Is there something I need to configure to publish this workflow to the TAG server?

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Fairly ,

I`ve seen other posts on the community with the same error and no solutions. A few things you can do:

1. Request an admin to install the python package/check if the package is installed on the server box. (it doesn`t seem like a package problem, but it is worth the try

2. Request an admin to try running the same workflow on the server`s designer and see if you get the same error

3. Post here to check if these users got luck: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Internal-error-Upstream-tool-called-pu...

4. Contact Alteryx support from the case portal

5. If none of these work. Try simplifying your code until you find the problem and try replacing with a different package/function

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino