Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error opening the file <Folder path>: Access is Denied

Sasthana25
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm getting this error when I am trying to run the workflow: "Input data(XX): Error opening the file "<folder path>" : Access is denied. I have the access of UAT share drive folder where my data is saved. The workflow is saved on my local system and it contains two separate macros. Not sure what is causing this error. I would really appreciate some tips here. 

FYI: The data is saved in an UAT share drive folder. I tried to read and run the data through directory with the same path in a separate workflow and it ran without any error. So the why is it not running in the main workflow. 

Is it due to the use of Macro or something I am doing wrong. Please advise. Thanks,
Swati

1 REPLY 1
bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Sasthana25, it looks like the error resides with the input tool and not the directory tool - can you show the configuration of the input tool?

This kind of error can often occur when you are either pointing the input tool to a directory and not a file, or the file is open.