Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error executing AlteryxCmd CommandLine

AsiaScope
5 - Atom

Alteryx Version: 11.3x64

Server (Y/N): N

Admin/Non-Admin (A/NA): NA

Workflow Attached (Y/N): N

Logs Attached (Database, Engine,etc) (Y/N): N

Can reproduce behavior (Y/N): Y

If Yes, what are steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the GUI from Start Menu
  2. Open/Creat any workflow, for example, Directory Tool
  3. Run
  4. The error Error executing AlteryxCmd¶ CommandLine: "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe

error CommandLine.png

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@AsiaScope  This could depend on how your Windows credentials are set up, but I believe non-admins do not have the proper rights to read the C:\Program Files\ directory.  Try something like :

C:\users\%username%\Documents

AsiaScope
5 - Atom

Hello,

The situation for me is it fails to run any workflow even I launch Alteryx from Start Menu and click through all the buttons. My understanding is it will launch the GUI C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxGui.exe instead of the C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe.

Could anyone please help? Ideally I would like to launch the GUI with cmd line.

I doubt if it is admin right issue as there is nothing complaining on admin right. (Or could anyone help me understand how to check if there is any admin right issue?)

Thanks.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@AsiaScope
Specifically, try this: 

1. Open Alteryx

2. Put a TEXT INPUT tool on the canvas

3.  Click Run

What happens?

AsiaScope
5 - Atom

Hello,

Same error.. 

Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: AlteryxProcessManager: Error executing AlteryxCmd¶ CommandLine: "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" /Binary \\.\pipe\6f779813-26a3-4d13-857e-936ceb3ccca7_In \\.\pipe\6f779813-26a3-4d13-857e-936ceb3ccca7_Out¶ Windows Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. ¶ (193)

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Sounds like an issue with the installation process.  I'd uninstall everything and start over with a clean install.  If you've been through that already, then time to contact Alteryx Support.

Out of curiosity is this running in a VM on AWS or Paralells?  If so, was the image moved or restored from a backup?  I've seen similar error messages in those situations.

abdulshaik2
5 - Atom

Hi AsiaScope,

I am getting the same error message. Could you let me know what is the fix for this issue ?

Thanks,

Abdul

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@abdulshaik2 What have you tried so far?