Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error connecting to database through in-db tool in Alteryx Server 2023.2

_fegodoy
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

We're getting the 'Error - ToolId 1: Erro: : \HYT00 = 0  in query:' from in-db tool since we update our server from 2020.4 version to 2023.2, same workflow run successfully in the Designer application, the error is only in executions via Server interface.

Anyone else had this problem and could resolve it?

Designer execution successfully:

alteryx-exec-success.png

Server Execution with error:

alteryx-exec-error.png

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @_fegodoy ,

This is a timeout error, which could be your server struggling to make the connection as fast as in your Designer.

Please add this at the end of your connection string and see if it helps. 

Connect Timeout=60;

The number is in seconds, so feel free to play with it. AFAIK, the default (if the parameter is not declared) is 15 seconds.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

_fegodoy
6 - Meteoroid

I set 3600 seconds and it didn't work. Usually this query runs in 30 minutes...

It's weird that it's working using the input tool with OLEDB, but it isn't with in-db tool and the same OLEDB settings...

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, it shouldn`t be like that, especially because it worked before the upgrade.

I can`t find anything about this issue on the release notes, but I would try installing the most recent 23.2 patch if that is not yet installed. The good thing about patches is that you don`t have to go through all the upgrade steps. 

Perform a backup (just in case), stop the service and install the patch. These patches are only fixing bugs.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 142112.png

If that doesn`t help, open a case with Support because this definitely looks like a bug.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

_fegodoy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Fernando,

I'll ask my support team to update to the last patch available. We're currently in 2023.2.1.7.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Felipe

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!