Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error connecting to SQL server using In-DB tool from Alteryx Server

scheumann23
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that needs to connect to a database. The preferred method would be to us an In-DB tool since I need to filter/join on a large data set and trying to load everything into the workflow would be incredibly time consuming. The workflow runs perfectly fine when I run it manually through designer, but I want to let others have access to it via Alteryx Server. When I tried to publish the workflow to the server, however I get the following error:

B8AA093C.PNG

I created a new test workflow that connected to the exact same database, but via an Input tool. Again, the workflow ran fine when I ran it on Designer, but this time, when I published it to the server I did not receive any error, it runs just as expected. 

As I said at the beginning though I need to be able to use the In-DB tools if the workflow is going to finish in any reasonable amount of time. Is there any reason, that a connection would work for an Input tool and not an In-DB tool? Does something else need to be setup on the server to allow In-DB tools to work correctly?

1 REPLY 1
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You need to have that connection setup on the server first, then also make sure that you have the correct driver setup as well. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks