Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error Opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: System resource exceeded

pen_aa
6 - Meteoroid

Having trouble with desktop scheduler reading the .accdb files. Below error comes up. When I run the workflow manually through the designer, it works fine. I have the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 installed as well and hence it works fine when running through the designer. 

Error Opening Table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: System resource exceeded.\3035 = -66192371

The access databases (.acdb files) are mostly 800 MB in size. 

Tested the workflow in two systems. Seeing the error in both the systems. Below are the configurations of the systems.

System 1:

Intel Xenon E5@2.5GHZ (2 processors)

32.0 GB RAM

64 Bit windows

System 2

Intel Core I7 @ 1.9GHZ 

32.0 GB RAM

64 Bit windows

Appreciate the help.

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@pen_aa if your "Run As" user configured with your own credentials?
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Run-As-Settings/ta-p/17830
Edit: this article references Alteryx Server, but is is the same process for Designer if you're using the scheduling function.

pen_aa
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @patrick_mcauliffe  for the reply.

I think it's not related to credentials as the scheduled workflow works fine in some weeks without any error.

This workflow is a weekly schedule and the .accdb files get generated weekly and hence differs in size from week to week. Last week the workflow gave that memory error whereas this week it's running fine. 

Any other suggestions you might have for me?

pen_aa
6 - Meteoroid

@patrick_mcauliffe 

My workflow crashed this time around and hence got a chance to check the idea you suggested.

I changed the Run As User credentials to mine and it still crashes with that memory error.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@pen_aa Where is the file located?  (network drive, local drive, etc)

pen_aa
6 - Meteoroid

@patrick_mcauliffe  file is located in the network drive.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Check with your IT infrastructure department about downtime, scheduled maintenance, and latency to that specific drive.

I've seen similar issues when Alteryx isn't able to connect to the drive immediately due to one of the above.

To a user those would just appear as a network drive taking a while to come up when opened in Windows, whereas Alteryx would see it as unavailable.

pen_aa
6 - Meteoroid

Got it. Thanks, @patrick_mcauliffe.

Will check with them.