Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error On SFDC Output Delete -- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request Invalid job id: batch

Fumus
5 - Atom

Hey all,

Long time reader and first time poster to these boards! I looked around quite extensively and did not see anyone having the exact problem that I am (though, I'm happy to be wrong). 

Basically, I'm testing data loads to a new SFDC deployment that we are migrating too... as part of that, I was testing inserts (works without issue) and then deleting the data that I've entered as part of the many iterations it will likely take to complete this process (insert, have users validate, blow the data away, try again). 

On the delete, I'm getting these errors -

Error: Salesforce Output (1): Tool #94: Error trying to add batch(es) to the job. HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request ... Data from server: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error xmlns="http://www.force.com/2009/06/asyncapi/dataload">

<exceptionCode>InvalidJob</exceptionCode> <exceptionMessage>Failed to parse job</exceptionMessage> </error>

Error: Salesforce Output (1): Tool #95: Error trying to close the job. HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request ... Data from server: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <error xmlns="http://www.force.com/2009/06/asyncapi/dataload"> <exceptionCode>InvalidJob</exceptionCode> <exceptionMessage>State cannot be specified </exceptionMessage> </error>

Error: Salesforce Output (1): Tool #90: Iteration #114: Tool #20: iterate error HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request ... Data from server: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error xmlns="http://www.force.com/2009/06/asyncapi/dataload"> <exceptionCode>InvalidJob</exceptionCode> <exceptionMessage>Invalid job id: batch</exceptionMessage> </error>

This you should know -

I'm pulling the entire object down into our Datawarehouse (Sql-Server), doing a data input from that exact table and only selecting only the ID column to pass back to the data output which has delete selected as the action to perform. The error above is raised if I attempt to delete one record or many, it makes no difference on the amount. 

Also - 

I'm able to run this functionality in other SFDC environments that we have however, this new one we are connecting is "Lightening" and I'm wondering if there is some setting I need to enable or change to allow for this type of action to be performed. 

Alteryx Version - 2018.4.5.55178

2 REPLIES 2
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Fumus 

If you have not previously found a resolution for this situation, please try using a more recent version of the SalesForce Output tool.  The messages you're seeing suggest that the tool you're using is not the latest version.  You can download it from the Alteryx Gallery.  The usual caveats apply:  If you use IE to do the download, you'll need to change the file suffix to .yxi manually.  If it doesn't show in the palette after installation, read this.

If you did resolve your issue, please share what you did so that other users can learn from you.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
TRW
6 - Meteoroid

I am also getting this error.  The Output tool was working for me, and then I was given a new laptop. I downloaded Alteryx, and downloaded the SFDC Output tool (both on 11-20-19 or thereabouts).  I have a connection to SFDC established, with my correct (non-Lightning) SFDC URL, user name, password, and security token.  I can see the SFDC table that I want to write to.  However, when I run my test workflow (which worked on my old machine) I get these same errors.  The first error message is "output operation is required" and then the errors described above.

What is going on?