Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error Getting Job Results

avoss29
5 - Atom

I'm getting an error when I attempt to run one of my workflows from the gallery. After running for a bit, the job status page will say "Retry Attempt: #" and then eventually "We are unable to get the status of you workflow results at this time..." On the workflow results page, the workflow will have a green check indicating it completed, but when I try to expand the log I get an error "Unknown error. ArgumentException RequestID: 5ebd068352ae4ae5923040b40b7116ea." I have the workflow setup to email a log as well, and from in reviewing I can see the the workflow is finishing without errors so the issue seems to be isolated to the gallery displaying results.

What's unique about this workflow is it uses an SSAS.exe, developed by someone else in the community, which enable us to use MDX to query a data cube. I have no issues running this in Designer, and this logic runs just fine from the gallery if the workflow only contains a single MDX query. Once I add multiple MDX queries this job result error start occurring on the gallery only. I've tested this on versions 2019.2, 2019.3, and 2020.1 of the gallery, all with the same issue.

Anyone know what might be going on or how to solve this?

4 REPLIES 4
PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @avoss29,

Would you be able to share the execution logs for the faulty workflow please? Path for these logs -if configured- could be found with Alteryx System Settings > Engine > General > Logging Directory. 

If you are happy to share the Gallery and Service logs for the date and time of the issue, that could be helpful too.

Could you post the link to the SASS.exe file that is used in the workflow please?

Also since you mentioned that workflow is running fine in Designer, I was wondering if you had tried to open a remote session on the server itself to test in Designer. I appreciate that you may not be able to do so.

Thanks,

PaulN

avoss29
5 - Atom

Hi @PaulNo

Our server admin was able to provide the errors from the service logs:

Alteryx.Cloud.Common.Exceptions.ConflictException: The package requires chunks that are missing.->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Server.Services.AppService.PublishChunkedPackage(String packageXml, String appId, String version, Boolean publish, Boolean validate, String workflowCredentialType, String credentialId, String username, String passwordId, String workerTag, Boolean recover)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Server.Services.AppService.UpdateChunkPackage(Object packageInfo, String appId, String version, String publish, String validate, String recover)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Server.Services.AppService.UploadChunkPackageV2(AppPackageDefinitionView packageInfo, String validate)->   at SyncInvokeUploadChunkPackageV2(Object , Object[] , Object[] )->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.->   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)->   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)->   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Engine.EngineQueue.GetJobOutputList(ServiceEngineJob job, JobData jobData)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Engine.EngineQueue.TranslateJob(JobData jobData, Boolean includeOutputFiles)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Engine.EngineQueue.CastDynamicToJob(Object j, Boolean includeOutputFiles)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Server.Services.AppService.GetEngineJob(String jobId)->   at Alteryx.Cloud.Server.Services.AppService.GetJobStatus(String jobId)->   at SyncInvokeGetJobStatus(Object , Object[] , Object[] )->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)->   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

I believe the SSAS.exe originally came from this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/SSAS-Cube-Connection-and-MS-Power-Query/td-p/13405

I was able to remote into the our gallery server and run the workflow in designer without issue. Also, some of my colleagues have run the workflow from designer without issue on their machines, so it appears to only occur when the workflow is run from the gallery.

Thanks for your help. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @avoss29,

Thanks for all the details!

I am not too concerned about the first error you mentioned.

The second one ("An item with the same key has already been added") makes be wonder: did you dry to remove the workflow from the Gallery and upload it again?

From your description, the fact that faulty workflow uses 2 queries is probably a red herring.

If suggestion above doesn't work, then I would suggest to contact Alteryx Customer Support (support@alteryx.com) and mention this thread. I could think about further checks but, since they would involve accessing the Gallery database directly (MongoDB), you might need your admin help.

Best,

PaulN

avoss29
5 - Atom

Hi @PaulNo

Yes, I redeployed it a few times to both our main gallery and dev galleries, all with the same issue. The reason I believe the 2 queries is an issue is I created a separate simplified workflow that just executes a query and writes a test output. When that workflow is just a single query it runs from the gallery fine, but once I add a second query I get the same error.

Thanks, I'll try reaching out to Alteryx support.