Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Embed Alteryx App Interface in other webpage

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Hi

Is it possible to embed an Alteryx App (on a hosted server) on another page, say an internal intranet page? Unless the app was "Pubic" I realise the user would need to login but I feel like this should be possible...

Any help, stories (relevant ones anyway :D) and experiences appreciated.

Regards

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Chris,

Yes it is. You can do that through the API. You can test out the API on alteryxserver/gallery/api-docs/. Here you can get a list of available workflows, their questions, run a job, and get the result. Is that what you are looking for, or more something like the trusted ticket setup in Tableau?

Best,

Daniel

chris_love
12 - Quasar

I don't want to have to write any code really Dan, I'm not a coder. Essentially I'm looking for something like an Embed snippet (like Tableau, see below) that I can then place on other sites.

2016-04-29_10-20-06.png

This would take my view then allow me to embed it in other wwebsites really easily, the user would login then be able to use the app interface.

I assume there's nothign I can do from the webpage? I could build an iframe but it would look awful with the gallery headers etc....

Chris

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Get it - I also prefer not to code! But as far as I know there is no such thing as an easy way to embed.

You could do embedding or iframes and some interesting CSS however once again that requires coding. I have attached a couple of quick examples using embedding and CSS. Not the prettiest but I guess you could make it look good with a bit of fidling.

Questions

App

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

hi @danielbrun2  can you share the code for this webpage you created. 

kimte
5 - Atom

Hi Daniel, thanks for posting the screenshots! This is essentially what I am trying to do - are you able to share the code behind the scenes?

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

I am afraid that what you see is just some temporary mock-up. Basically the idea is to use it inside and iframe and then use JS and CSS to style/hide content afterwards.

A much better solution is to use the Alteryx Server API. If you need help to do that, shoot me a PM and I can see what I can do.

Best regards,

Daniel