Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Embed Alteryx App Interface in other webpage

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Hi

Is it possible to embed an Alteryx App (on a hosted server) on another page, say an internal intranet page? Unless the app was "Pubic" I realise the user would need to login but I feel like this should be possible...

Any help, stories (relevant ones anyway :D) and experiences appreciated.

Regards

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Chris,

Yes it is. You can do that through the API. You can test out the API on alteryxserver/gallery/api-docs/. Here you can get a list of available workflows, their questions, run a job, and get the result. Is that what you are looking for, or more something like the trusted ticket setup in Tableau?

Best,

Daniel

chris_love
12 - Quasar

I don't want to have to write any code really Dan, I'm not a coder. Essentially I'm looking for something like an Embed snippet (like Tableau, see below) that I can then place on other sites.

2016-04-29_10-20-06.png

This would take my view then allow me to embed it in other wwebsites really easily, the user would login then be able to use the app interface.

I assume there's nothign I can do from the webpage? I could build an iframe but it would look awful with the gallery headers etc....

Chris

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Get it - I also prefer not to code! But as far as I know there is no such thing as an easy way to embed.

You could do embedding or iframes and some interesting CSS however once again that requires coding. I have attached a couple of quick examples using embedding and CSS. Not the prettiest but I guess you could make it look good with a bit of fidling.

Questions

App

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

hi @danielbrun2  can you share the code for this webpage you created. 

kimte
5 - Atom

Hi Daniel, thanks for posting the screenshots! This is essentially what I am trying to do - are you able to share the code behind the scenes?

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

I am afraid that what you see is just some temporary mock-up. Basically the idea is to use it inside and iframe and then use JS and CSS to style/hide content afterwards.

A much better solution is to use the Alteryx Server API. If you need help to do that, shoot me a PM and I can see what I can do.

Best regards,

Daniel