Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Email Render Tool: System cannot find the file specified

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have created a workflow that can send multiple personilized files to the corresponding emails.

Dennisklad1_0-1594997433663.png

I can only upload screenshots because the workflow consists of sensitive data.

When I upload the workflow to the Alteryx server we get an error:  

Record#1: Error Opening file: D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\......\*.pdf: The system cannot find the file specified.

Why is it looking for a file there? I have saved all generated pdf with the render tool with unique names and added them as attachments on the email tool using the field: Filename.

It works locally but the server has restricted access to folders. Can that be?

Thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3
c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would store the PDFs to [Engine.TempFilePath] rather than a specific location on your computer and then use the same variable when getting the path of your PDF on the email tool. 

Server does not know about your machine's folder structure and the folder structure of the machine hosting Server will probably be different that is why it cannot find the PDFs you created. With the temporary file path used for execution of the workflow things should be more dynamic.

I hope this helps

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

That didnt do the job. I still get the error 

Dennisklad1_0-1595227484519.png

Dennisklad1_1-1595227520794.png

Dennisklad1_2-1595227556347.png

Where the filename is just the resource name + pdf.

Thanks

wwatson
12 - Quasar

You could save the file in the current folder (.\filename.pdf) then read it from the .\ location in the email tool. I would use a hold until done to make sure the file has saved before trying to attach it to the email.

wwatson_0-1595245482195.png