Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Dynamic Summarize in Alteryx Server (APP)

CamiloWK1
5 - Atom

Hi all!

I've been searching for answers regarding how to implement a Dynamic summarize in my workflow and then run it as an app via the Alteryx server. 

The problem is that when I upload different data sets, sometimes it doesn't include certain fields and the App stops working in the summarize tool. So ideally I would like to be able to select the fields I am grouping through the Summarize tool in a sort of "tick-box" fashion (not sure if this is at all possible, but such as the workflow I attached as an example).

example.JPG

I have seen some answers and solutions with respect to this problem however, doesn't seem to work with my current workflow. If the first option is not possible in that way, I would need to know how to properly set-up a batch macro in order to update the RAW XML of a summarize tool. In particular, I am interested in a way to dynamically exclude missing fields from the summarize group by functionality. 

I am attaching a sample workflow with the data I am working on. 

Best,

Camilo

1 REPLY 1
JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Camilo,

Have you seen the post here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Dynamic-Summarize/m-p/64457#bodyDisplay_4:~:text=H...

It may be more helpful to post in that thread for support on your issue.  If you have tried those posts, or others, and you still aren't able to get a resolution, you could check out our community academy for help in learning batch macros as well as the videos section.

Thanks,

James

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com